Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Lost and Found

First of all, Happy New Year to everyone! I am simply going to admit that I have been too lazy to update the blog during the holidays. I was going to do a year in retrospect, but let's face it, I didn't feel like it. So moving on to 2008 without further delay.

So, considering that sluggers are hitchhiking with complete strangers, there are some things that are a little difficult to do. For example, if you lose something, how do you get it back? If you are lucky, you will lose something around someone that you know. There are some sites you can try to post a lost and found type message, but unless someone is specifically trying to seek you out to return your lost goods, you can pretty much kiss it goodbye. I've often tried to think through a scenario where I lose something very valuable and want it back. I try to figure out how I would get the word out that I've lost something.

Despite the fact that I like to keep this blog anonymous for obvious reasons, I will use this particular outlet to try to get something very valuable that I've lost returned to me. It should be pretty easy for those who know that I lost this to figure out who I am. Hopefully, they can help me out.

Here goes. Wish me luck!

LOST: My dignity.
Last Seen: Sometime between getting on the metro at L'Enfant Plaza and getting off at the Pentagon.
Last person to see it: The rude, young military guy who wouldn't give up his seat for the disabled old man, thus forcing me to get up and give up MINE.
How it was lost: Walking across the Pentagon parking lot with the skirt of my dress folded up underneath my belt in the back. More than likely occurred when I stood up to give up my seat to the sweet old man who could barely stand.
Possible witnesses: the ENTIRE parking lot of the Pentagon.

It's pretty common to find someone who works in, around, or with the U.S. military in this area. I am not exception. I will admit that I work around the defense industry. What I've learned being around the military is that they are typically very polite and will go out of their way to help someone. Obviously, I blame the lazy military guy who didn't get up for this unfortunate loss (I won't name the service, but its initials are N A V Y).

Well, I can basically say this. I've done my part to support the troops by giving the boys (and girls) at the Pentagon a little "show."

If anyone who was walking behind me today and happened to see where I lost my beloved dignity, please return it ASAP.

No comments: